Walters State Community College Vision
Walters State, as a premier community college, will be committed to increasing educational attainment and workforce preparedness through excellence in teaching and service.
Walters State Community College Mission 2016
Walters State is a learning-centered, comprehensive, public community college dedicated to increasing educational attainment and supporting economic development by providing affordable, high quality educational opportunities.
To accomplish the mission, the college:
- Offers programs of study leading to associate degrees or certificates
- Fosters and inspires student engagement and success
- Delivers public service and non-credit programs in support of workforce development and personal enrichment
- Employs highly qualified faculty and staff
- Provides convenient access through multiple campuses and advanced technology including distance learning through digital means
- Partners with other educational institutions to promote access and facilitate articulation and transfer
- Pursues external sources of support and entrepreneurial initiatives
- Assesses and responds to community needs
- Provides opportunities for promoting diversity and enhancing cultural awareness
- Pursues resourcefulness, effectiveness, and efficiency through comprehensive accountability and continuous improvement programs
Approved by Tennessee Board of Regents 3/30/16
The Tennessee Board of Regents is the nation's sixth largest higher education system, governing 46 post-secondary educational institutions. The TBR system includes six universities, 13 two-year colleges and 27 technology centers, providing programs in 90 of Tennessee's 95 counties to more than 200,000 students.