Walters State Community College’s Division of Workforce Training will offer the following classes at the Morristown, Sevierville, and Greeneville Campuses in January. For more information, contact Amanda Hill at Amanda.Hill@ws.edu or 423-798-7946.
• Microsoft Office Sampler is an introduction to the products Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. The four-day course begins with using Excel 2013 to create a basic spreadsheet, use shortcuts, basic functions, edit cells and format. Days three and four will explore using Outllook 2013 to create and send emails, create contracts, add calendar appointments and other features. Students will learn to use PowerPoint 2013 to create, edit, save, open, print and share basic presentation features. The class meets on Wednesdays from 9 a.m. until noon, beginning Jan. 11. The cost is $249.
• A Supervisor’s Toolkit is a six-part course covering: Leading People, Different Strokes; Leader Effectiveness; Optimizing Contributions; Personal and Interpersonal Effectiveness; and Eliminating Conflict. The class meets on Mondays, Jan. 23-Feb. 6, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The cost is $349.
• Microsoft Access 2013 — Level 1 is an overview of the database management program that organizes and manages information. Students will learn database concepts, planning and designing databases, exploring and creating tables, finding and editing records, and many other functions. The class meets on Jan. 31 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The cost is $179.
• General Welding — Stick, MIG, TIG is an overview of the three welding processes with four hours of introductory training in each process. Students will become familiar with the techniques, equipment and applications of each process. Remaining course time may be used for additional training selected by the student. This course is ideal for an individual who is trying to decide on a specific career or learning path related to welding. The class meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Jan. 17-Feb. 16 from 5-9 p.m. at the Walters State Advanced Manufacturing and Welding Facility at 4680 Andrew Johnson Highway (new location), in Greeneville. The cost is $525.
• Parenting and Divorce meets Tennessee court-order requirements for parenting classes required by law for divorcing couples. Learn to improve your family’s communication skills and enable the transition in a healthier and less traumatic way, especially for children. The class meets on Jan. 19 from 5:30-9:30 p.m. The cost is $50.
• Microsoft Excel 2013 — Level 1 involves learning to create, save and print Excel documents, explore formatting tips and tricks, create formulas, enter functions, copy, paste, work with page layout features, and learn quick tips and shortcuts. The class meets on Jan. 24 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The cost is $150.
• Microsoft Excel 2013 — Level 1 involves learning to create, save and print Excel documents, explore formatting tips and tricks, create formulas, enter functions, copy, paste, work with page layout features, and learn quick tips and shortcuts. The class meets on Jan. 20 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The cost is $150.