The Walters State Community College Rel Maples Institute for Culinary Arts has announced its schedule of events for the Spring 2017 semester.
Mountain Rose Bistro & Bakery — in the Conner-Short Center, Room 104 — will be open on Tuesdays and Thursdays through April 27. Tuesday hours are 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday hours are 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. for the bakery, with breakfast from 8-10:30 a.m., and lunch from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Culinary II class
• Wednesday, Feb. 22, will feature “Jambalaya on the Bayou,” celebrating Mardi Gras. The celebration begins at 11:30 a.m. The cost is $15.
• Wednesday, March 15, will feature “When Irish Eyes Are Smiling,” celebrating St. Patrick’s Day beginning at 11:30 a.m. The cost is $15.
• Wednesday March 29, will feature “California Dreamin’,” with West Coast cuisine, beginning at 11:30 a.m. The cost is $15.
• Wednesday, April 5, will feature “Waltz Across Texas,” with cuisine from Texas, beginning at 11:30 a.m. The cost is $15.
• Wednesday, April 26, will feature “Kansas City, Here We Come,” with Kansas City Barbecue, beginning at 11:30 a.m. The cost is $15.
Culinary I Class
• Thursday, April 13, “Here Comes Peter Cottontail,” an Easter brunch, will be featured at 11 a.m. The cost for the brunch is $15. Mountain Rose Easter Bakery will be serving from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Saturday, April 22, will feature Seafood Fest, “Sitting on the Dock of the Bay,” beginning at 5 p.m. The cost is $25.
Reservations for special events may be made by phone at 865-774-5817 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (E-mail reservations are not guaranteed until a reply is sent).
For changes or cancellation of reservations, call 24 hours in advance.