Institutional Refund Policies
out of state tuition
technology access fee
All Fees, except the ones listed above
Only In-state tuition, out of state tuition, technology access fee, and international education fee are refundable.
Refunds occur when a student drops a course or courses during a refund period which results in an adjusted cost associated with the course(s) dropped. Fees which may be adjusted are in-state, out of state, technology access fee, and international education fee. View Refund Dates
Situations Which May Result in an Adjusted Cost and Corresponding Refund
- Dropping a course(s) during a refund period which results in a class load of fewer hours and lower cost.
- Withdrawing from the college during a refund period.
- Cancelled classes by WSCC. Classes may be cancelled by Academic Affairs without
- Called to active military duty or National Guard service during the term.
- Death of a student during the term.
Fee Adjustment Calculation (Cost Adjustments)
- Fees are adjusted 100% for drops occurring prior to the official first day of the semester or part of term (session).
- Fees are adjusted 100% due to cancelled classes.
- Fees are adjusted 100% due to withdrawals as a result of being called to active
duty or National Guard service during the term enrolled.
- Fees are adjusted 100% due to the death of a student during the term.
- Course(s) dropped or student withdrawals during the 75% or 25% refund periods may result in an adjusted cost. See term specific refund dates.
- Costs are re-calculated based on adjusted enrollment:
- Courses currently enrolled are charged 100% for all required costs plus
- 25% or 75% of costs associated with courses(s) dropped and the dates the course(s) were dropped.
- 75% refund period - charged 25% of costs associated with dropped course(s)
- 25% refund period - charged 75% of costs associated with dropped course(s)
- Refund is the difference between the cost of originally enrolled hours and the adjusted cost as calculated in #6 above.
- Refunds only occur if the newly re-calculated costs are less than the original charges/costs.
- Not all drops/withdrawals will result in a refund.