Certification is the school's way of notifying VA that you are enrolled and wish to be certified. You must let your VA Rep know that you plan to attend the upcoming term. You may make this notification as early as six weeks prior to the beginning of the term. Make sure you have your class schedule set before you request to be certified. Changes in enrollment may impact or delay your eligibility. Allow 10 working days to process your paperwork.
Setup an Appointment
Once you have obtained all the following documents, call and make an appointment with the WSCC VA Certifying Official at 423-585-6809 or 423-585-2697 to complete the certifying process.
The day of your appointment, you will need to bring:
- Certificate of Eligibility
- Copy of latest DD214 (member 4 copy)
- Notice of Benefit eligibility (NOBE) (if applicable)
- Copy of Kicker Contract (if applicable)
- Copy of birth certificate (if you are a dependent of the eligible service member)
- Signed VA Enrollment Agreement