ACT, MAPP, COMPASS and GED
All tests must be scheduled in advance—except for GED.
Register for Testing
Please contact the Counseling and Testing Center for available test locations, dates, times and to schedule testing.
Please call 423.585.6800 or 423.585.6802 to register for all testing except GED.
GED students should call 423.585.6804.
All Dates and Times are subject to change. Please call the Counseling and Testing Office to confirm all dates and times at 423.585.6800 or 1.800.225.4770, option 3
To view results of previously taken tests, please go to StarNet.
For more detailed testing information please visit: Testing Information
- A photo ID is required before you will be allowed to take any test.
- Please note: Fees must be paid by cash, credit card, money order, cashier or certified check. No personal checks will be accepted.
- Walters State Community College now offers CLEP testing. CLEP exams are by appointment only, please call 865.774.5812. The fee for each CLEP test is $107.
- The fee for GED testing is $65 and for other information you may call 423-585-6804 or 423-585-6800.
- The fee for ACT is $45.
- There is a $10 fee for retaking any portion of the COMPASS or taking the COMPASS as challenge to placement by ACT scores.
- HESI-A2 cost is $40 for first time and retakes.