Student Responsibilities

Student Responsibilities

Become familiar with the VA Website. It contains a lot of valuable information that may be helpful to you.



Advising and Counseling

Meet with Academic Advisor

  • Schedule a meeting with your academic advisor to discuss your progress toward degree completion.


Meet with Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor

  • Meet with your Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor as required (Chapter 31 students only).


Enrollment and Benefits

Verify Monthly Enrollment Status


Receiving Financial Aid? Reapply Each Year

If you are receiving Financial Aid, you must reapply each year. Students are encouraged to complete this process. Receiving federal financial aid will not impact your VA eligibility or benefits or vice versa. The FAFSA forms are available each year beginning in January. You may complete the online FAFSA here.


Drop a Class During Semester

If you need to a drop class during the semester, please follow the WSCC procedure. Classes dropped before the school's established drop deadline date can be done via your MyWS account. Notify the VA office of any changes in enrollment or attendance. Changes in your schedule may impact your benefits.

For Chapters 30, 35, and 1606

If you receive an overpayment as a result of the course change, the VA will decrease your next payment to compensate for the overpayment.

Chapter 33

If you receive an overpayment, it is your responsibility to repay VA. If you fail to pay the VA, they will decrease the Tuition and Fee payment to the school for the next semester you are enrolled.


Change of Address or Cancel Direct Deposit

Complete a Change of Address/Cancellation of Direct Deposit, VA form 4-572, to change your address or cancel your direct deposit. You will also need to complete the appropriate form in the Admissions Office in order to update the college's record.


Change of Major

Complete VA form 22-1995, Request for Change of Program, if you change your major. Chapter 35 Students (Dependents of Service members) use VA form 22-5495.



Veteran Center

Room U181
Student Services Building
View Map

Phone: 423.585.6896


Need Help?

Senators Central is here to assist with all your college needs.