Tax Transcripts and IRS Data

Tax Transcripts and IRS Data Retrieval Resources

If you are selected for verification the options below are acceptable methods of providing the financial aid office with information needed to complete the processing of your application.

The IRS Data Retrieval Tool is available for the 18/19 FAFSA and is the quickest and easiest way to do verification.

Option 1 :: IRS Data Retrieval Tool

Students or Parents may link tax information directly to the FAFSA application by using the IRS data retrieval tool when initially completing the FAFSA or by logging back into the FAFSA application.

Simple Steps to Transfer Tax Information into Your FAFSA

Please note that some tax filers may not be able to use the IRS data retrieval tool based on the filing status (married filing separately or head of household) or type of return (amended or foreign tax returns).

If you cannot link your tax information or choose not to do so you must request an IRS Tax Return Transcript. If you change your IRS data on the FAFSA after using the retrieval tool you will also be required to provide the Financial Aid Office a copy of the IRS Tax Return Transcript.


Option 2 :: IRS Tax Return Transcript

Student and Parent IRS Tax Return Transcripts should be submitted to the Financial Aid office on the main campus. Do not submit copies of the IRS Tax Account Transcript as this is not an acceptable document. Please be sure to include the student name and ID on each page of the transcript. If you owe the IRS, you may not be able to receive a transcript until your obligation is paid in full. Please note that the IRS will not submit transcripts directly to the institution

Order Transcripts Online

To use this option to get transcripts by mail you will need your:

  • Social Security number (SSN) or your Individual Tax Id Number (ITIN)
  • Date of birth
  • Address from your latest tax return

Please request a Tax Return Transcript and allow 5-10 calendar days for receipt of your transcript.


Mobile Request


Telephone Request

  • Available by calling 1-800-908-9946 and responding to prompts.
  • Select Option 2 to "REQUEST AN IRS TAX TRANSCRIPT"and enter the tax year


Paper Request

  • Available by submitting an IRS Form 4506T-EZ
  • Also, if you need to send your transcript to a different address, complete and submit an IRS 4506-T form.
  • IRS forms available here


Transcripts for other Unusual Circumstances

  • Amended IRS Income Tax Return
  • Victims of Tax Administration Identity Theft
  • Non-IRS (or foreign) Income Tax Returns
  • Tax Extensions Beyond Automatic 6-Month Extension
  • Non-US Citizens

How to Verify Income Information


W-2 Information available from the IRS

If you failed to keep a copy or lost your W-2 forms for the requested tax year, you may request a Wage and Income Transcript from the IRS.