Non-Degree Seeking Student

Applying to Walters State

We're so excited that you've decided to enroll at Walters State Community College! Please follow the steps below.

Step 1 - Complete the Free Walters State Application

Once admitted to the College, follow directions included with your acceptance letter to activate your MyWS student account and begin checking your alerts and Senators Mail.
Walters State Community College Application


Step 2 - Submit Proof of US Citizenship and Lawful Presence

Click on the link below to submit your information.
Submit Proof of US Citizenship


Step 3 - Submit your final, official high school transcript to Admissions

Regular High School Diploma
Submit official high school transcript, which must include gratudation date and diploma type.

High School Equivalency Diploma
Submit official scores from the agency that administered the high school equivalency examination. Partial high school transcripts must also be submitted, if applicable.
Transcript Request Form


Step 4 - Schedule Academic Advising Appointment

If academic advising and class registration assistance is needed, schedule a meeting with an academic advisor.
Student Success Advising Center


Step 5 - Pay for Classes

Fees may be paid online through MyWS or at any Walters State campus. For additional information regarding fee payment, please visit the Cost & Aid Office.
Cost & Aid Office


Step 6 - Certify Registration with the Selective Service

Pursuant to federal and state law, males who are 18 but not yet 26 years old, and are citizens of the United States or a resident of the United States must register with the Selective Service System. Certification of this registration must be provided to the college. Individuals born on or after January 1, 1960, who did not register with the Selective Service System, must provide the school with information that the failure to register was not knowing and willful. These individuals must provide the college with a copy of the response from the Selective Service System. Individuals may obtain their selective service number at:

Applicants are required to certify registration with the Selective Service or provide a valid reason for not registering before enrolling in classes.


Step 7 - Check your MyWS Account Regularly

Remember to regularly check your MyWS student account for alerts related to other admissions and/or financial aid requirements.
Go To MyWS





Need Help?

Senators Central is here to assist with all your college needs.