learn about our college

Investing in yourself pays lifelong dividends

Senators Central
Guiding You Start to Finish

Financial Aid
Helping students pay for college

Providing university transfer and in-demand career programs

Student Services
Helping students succeed

Workforce Training
Offering non-credit courses for both business and pleasure

Center for Workforce Development
Meeting the area's workforce needs

Enhancing Walters State through private support

Providing opportunities for alumni to reconnect

Making education convenient

Providing agribusiness, educational and commercial activities and events

Get in touch with us

Go Senators!

A-Z Index
Search our site alphabetically

Search our team

Quality Enhancement Plan
Student learning and teaching effectiveness development

Information and educational technologies

Institutional Effectiveness and Compliance

Printing Services
Supplying the institution with quality printed materials

Business Office
Serving students and college departments

Budgeting & Business Services
Serving students and college departments

Global Connections
Bringing international events to our students

Senators Emergency Text
Get the latest emergency communications

Support Staff Council
Providing resources for our staff

Special Events
Bringing new experiences to our students and community

Catalog & Student Handbook
Requirements and college information

Academic & Events Calendar
Keep tabs on important dates

Human Resources
Assisting in hiring, training, evaluating, rewarding and counseling of employees

Current college-wide policies

Degree Works Help
Run a degree audit. Meet with an advisor. Register for classes.

Protecting and honoring student privacy

Career in a Year
Become career ready in a year


If you need assistance, please contact Purchasing.

Transfer of Equipment

This form should be used when any piece of equipment or sensitive minor item with a WSCC Inventory Tag is moved from one location to another. It is not necessary to complete this form when moving items that do not have a WSCC Inventory Tag.

Request for Transfer of Equipment

A Request for Transfer to Surplus form should be used for all items (tagged or not tagged) being moved to surplus.

Request to Transfer Property Surplus

WSCC Policy 05:08:00 Equipment Inventory Control

WSCC Policy 05:09:00 Policy for Reporting Missing Property


To view current items available in our internal surplus, please use the following link:

Current Surplus


How do I know if my purchase needs to be tagged?
A piece of equipment must be tagged if the cost is $1,500 or greater. For equipment costing less than $1499.99, it will be tagged if it is movable in nature and is determined to be particularly vulnerable to theft.
What do I do if I am the custodian of a piece of equipment that is lost or stolen?
Contact Campus Police immediately at 585-6752. Security will investigate the disappearance and will document the situation with an incident report. If the item is not immediately located, inform the Purchasing department at or 585-6960.
How do I transfer a piece of equipment from my custody to someone else?
For non IET related items you would complete the Request for Transfer of Equipment form.  For IET related items you will need to contact IET. The transfer will be confirmed with the receiving custodian and recorded in the Banner by Purchasing.
How do I transfer a piece of equipment from one location to another? 
Complete the Request for Transfer of Equipment form documenting location change.  The transfer will be recorded in the Banner by Purchasing.
What are my responsibilities if I am the custodian of a piece of equipment?
The equipment custodian is responsible for all aspects of the equipment assigned to them. Any changes in custody or location should be reported in a timely manner to the Purchasing department. Any loss or theft must be immediately reported to Campus Police. The custodian should be aware of the location and condition of the equipment assigned to them at all times. 
What do I do if my department no longer uses a particular equipment item?
Contact the Purchasing department at or 423-585-6960.
What happens if a third party gives me a piece of equipment for college use?
All equipment donations must be coordinated with the Walters State Foundation at 585-2629.
Can I take a piece of equipment off campus?
Proper authorization must be received prior to removing any piece of equipment from campus. If you are the custodian of the equipment, this authorization would come from your supervisor. If you are checking the equipment out from a college service center, the equipment must be signed out from that area.